Alligare Diquat Herbicide
Starting at $36.99
Alligare Diquat Landscape and Aquatic Herbicide
Alligare's Diquat with Diquat dibromide 37.3% can be compared to the more expensive Reward Herbicide. Diquat controls algae, aquatic weeds in the water and submerged weeds, as well as weeds along the shoreline. Spray Diquat directly to existing plants as a surface spray or spray under the water with a spray nozzle. If the weeds are covered in scale, silt, or algae or if there is insufficient penetration of light into the water, the Diquat effectiveness may be reduced because of the stress to the weeds. Best results are obtained if the weeds are young, actively growing and stress-free. Young weeds 1-6 inches in height are easiest to control.
How Diquat Works
Diquat interferes with photosynthesis of the plant after it is taken up through the plant cells. Diquat dibromide is rapidly absorbed into the weed and is rainfast in 30 minutes. It takes 1-5 days for emersed and floating weeds to die and it takes 2-3 weeks for submersed weeds to die. If the weeds are heavily infested, a second application may be needed.
Tips for Usage
- This pesticide is toxic to aquatic invertebrates.
- For Terrestrial Uses, do not apply directly to water, or to areas where surface water is present, or to intertidal areas below the mean high water mark. Do not contaminate water when disposing of equipment wash water.
- For Aquatic Uses, do not apply directly to water except as specified on Alligare's Diquat product label. Diquat weed killer can be used in two different ways. It can be applied directly to bodies of water to control pond and lake weeds over large areas, or it can be mixed up and applied as a spot treatment spray directly on the vegetation.
- Noncrop or Nonplanted Areas on Farms:
- Broadcast::1-2 pints of this product in a minimum of 15 gallons of water per acre
- Spot Treatment: 1-2 quarts of this product plus the labeled rate of a 75% or greater nonionic surfactant per 100 gallons water or 0.75 ounces per gallon of water
- Control of Submerged Weeds
- Alligare Diquat Herbicide controls the listed submerged weeds from application by surface, subsurface, and bottom placement applications.
- 0.5-2.0 gallons Alligare Diquat Herbicide in water per surface acre in 4 ft water depth. Heavier weed infestations requires 2 gallons per surface acre rate. For optimum control, repeat in 14-21 day intervals.
- See label for depth of water table
- Each gallon of Diquat will treat up to 1 surface acre lake.
- For land applications each gallon of diquat will treat 2-3 acres.
|Packaging||Qt or Gallon|
|More PDF's||Supplemental Florida Label|
Diquat is used as a pond weed killer pond algae treatment and to kill lake weeds such as:
|Active Ingredient (s)||Diquat dibromide....37.3%|
|For Use :||
|Shipping Restrictions||AK, CA, CO,CT, DC, HI, ID, NM, NY, OR, WA
Can not be shipped by expedited choices, per air regulations.>