Biathlon Herbicide jis a pre-emergent granular herbicide that combines both oxfluorfen and prodiamine to control a broad spectrum of weed control with good plant tolerance on ornamentals. Biathlon is formulated on Verge granulars that reduce the dust levels during application, resulting in increased worker safety and ease of application. It is labeled for use on production conifers, grounds maintenance, conifers and Christmas trees, and other listed non-crop areas.
Biathlon Herbicide is a pre-emergent granular herbicide combining oxfluorfen and prodiamine to control a broad spectrum of weed control with good plant tolerance on ornamentals. Biathlon is formulated on Verge granulars that reduce dust levels during the application, resulting in increased worker safety and ease of application. It is labeled for use on production conifers, grounds maintenance, conifers and Christmas trees, and other listed non-crop areas.
How Biathlon Herbicide Works
- This herbicide controls a wide range of broadleaf weeds and grass by forming a barrier in the soil for several months. It inhibits cell division and disrupts cell wall formation in roots and shoots of emerging weeds.
- Biathlon Herbicide as a pre-emergent herbicide will not work well on established weeds.
- Do not apply to moist foliage.
- Do not apply while plants produce a new spring growth flush. Tender, newly forming leaves are especially sensitive and may be injured by the herbicide.
- See product label for further instructions.
- Restricted Entry Level (REI )- 24 hours
- Chemical Family- Diphenylether + Dinitroaniline
- MOA- 14 +3
- Active Ingredients:Oxyfluorfen + Prodiamine
- Maximum lbs./acre100 lbs. (can apply twice, 3 months apart)
- Maximum lbs./year per acre200 lbs
- Application - Granular broadcast
- Product Information
|More PDF's||Product Information|
Biathlon has shown excellent plant tolerance on a wide variety of ornamentals. Crops not listed as tolerant to Biathlon should be evaluated on a small scale for 30-60 days after application for herbicidal injury prior to widespread application.
|Active Ingredient (s)||Oxyfluorfen: 2.00%
|For Use :||Biathlon is registered for use in field and container ornamentals, grounds maintenance and other specified crop areas. It is also labeled for use on evergreens (broadleaf and needle) but limited to Christmas tree and conifer farms.|