Dr T's Snake Away- 4 Lb Shaker Top
Dr. T's Snake Away is this plastic jug container is the same formulation in the Snake-Away bag packaging. It is a university-tested dry granular to sprinkle as a barrier against rattlesnakes and checkered garter snakes. It will not work against copper heads or water moccasins.
Just a heads up.... Snake Away works great on most snakes. However, Snake Away is not labeled for copper heads or water moccasins. The company claims it is about 50 percent effective as a repellent for copper head or water moccasin snake control.
Dr T's Snake Away-4 lb jug
Dr T's Snake Away contains naphthalene (7%) and sulfur (28%)with a 91% repellent rate of garter snakes and rattlesnakes Snake Away works by taking advantage of the snake's Jacobson organ. As the snake extends its tongue, the naphthalene in the snake -away scares the snakes, and they search for another location.
How to Apply Dr T's Snake Away
- Apply in bands surrounding the area of desired protection, using gloves.
- To repel checkered garden snakes use bands of 4-5 inches. W t. For rattlesnakes, use bands eight to12 inches wide.
- In yards, lightly sprinkle Snake-A-Way over the area within the treated band.
- The effectiveness of Snake-A-Way may be diminished when the odor becomes faint. When snakes are active during the season, retreat enough to restore the original odor density.
- After heavy rains, retreatment may be necessary.
|Packaging||4 lb jug|
Rattle snakes and checkered garter snakes
|Active Ingredient (s)||Naphthalene (7%) and Sulfur (28%)|
|For Use :||
|Yield||One 4 lb. jusg of Snake-A-Way covers up to ½ acre of land|
|Mixture|Application||Lasts 2 to 3 months after application|
While this product may deter a variety of snakes, it is not expected to consistently repel snakes of the following types: corn snakes and other rat snakes, "moccasin" snakes such as cottonmouths and copperheads.The efficacy of the repellent varies with taxonomy. Some species are repelled with remarkable effectiveness, while others are not.
Re-treatment may also be necessary after heavy rains. Apply spring, summer, and fall.
|Retreatment||When the odor of Snake-A-Way becomes faint, its effectiveness may be diminished. If this occurs during a season when snakes are active retreat.
Re-treatment may also be necessary after heavy rains.
|Shipping Restrictions||AK, CA|