SFM Extra Herbicide
SFM Extra Herbicide is a dispersible granule that combines sulfometuron methyl and metsulfuron methyl as a pre-emergent and post-emergent herbicide. It is mixed in water and applied as a spray or
impregnated on dry, bulk fertilizer.
SFM Extra Herbicide is comparable to Oust Extra, Oust XP, and Escort.
SFM Extra-Dry Flowable Herbicide (4 lbs)
SFM Extra is labeled for non-crop sites and conifer plantations to control many perennial and annual types of grass and broadleaf weeds. It may be applied for general weed control on terrestrial non-crop sites, and some vines and wood plants (See label for complete list)
- For pre-emergent and post-emergent control of herbaceous weeds. Best results are obtained when the application is made before the root system is established.
- Provides selective weed control in conifer site preparations and the release of certain conifers and hardwoods.
- Can be tank-mixed with other herbicides registered for use in conifer plantations and non-crop sites.
- Do not apply more than 10 2/3 ounces of SFM Extra per year per acre.
Use SFM Extra to control broadleaf weeds, vines, undesirable woody plants, and grasses in conifer plantation sites. You may apply it using ground equipment or a helicopter. As a post-emergent herbicide spray, the best results occur when the application is between full leaf expansion in the spring and normal defoliation in the fall. It may be tank-mixed with other herbicides (see labels)
- Use rates prior to transplanting conifers (1 1/3 oz- 5 1/3 oz)per acre. These rates depend upon the type of conifer.
Apply SFM Extra as a pre-emergent or post-emergent spray before or during the rainy season when weeds are actively growing or germinating. See the label for a complete list of weeds controlled.
It is labeled for uncultivated lands such as:
- Uncultivated non-agricultural areas including airports, highway, railroad and utility rights of-way, sewage disposal areas;
- Uncultivated agricultural areas including farmyards, fuel storage areas, fence rows, soil bank land, barrier strips; and,
- Industrial sites outdoor including lumberyards, pipeline and tank farms.
- Use rates: Use between 1 2/3 to 3 oz per acre. For improved weed control, add a surfactant at the rate of 0.25% by volume or at the rate specified on the manufacturer’s label.
|More PDF's||Sales Sheet|
Annual bluegrass, Annual sowthistle, Aster, Bahiagrass, Barnyardgrass, Beackchervil, Bearded sprangletop, Beebalm, Bitter sneezeweed, Black henbane, Black mustard, Blackberry, Blackeyed-susan, Blue mustard, Bouncingbet, Broom snakeweed, Bur buttercup, Bur clover, Carolina geranium, Cheat, Chicory, Clover, Cocklebur, Common chickweed, Common crupina, Common groundsel, Common mallow, Common mullein, Common pokeweed, Common purslane, Common ragweed, Common speedwell, Common sunflower, Common tansy, Common vetch, Conical catchfly, Corn cockle, Cow cockle, Crabgrass, Crimson clover, Crown vetch, Curly dock, Dandelion, Dewberry, Dogfennel, Downy brome, Dyer's woad, False chamomile, Fescue, Fiddleneck tarweed, Field pennycress, Fireweed, Flixweed, Florida pusley, Foxtail barley, Foxtail fescue, Giant foxtail, Giant ragweed, Goldenrod, Gorse, Green foxtail, Gumweed, Hairy vetch, Halogeton, Henbit, Honeysuckle, Hop Clover, Hopclover, Houndstongue, Italian ryegrass, Japanease stiltgrass, Johnsongrass, Jointed grass, Lambsquarters, Little barley, Little mallow, Marestail/horseweed, Maximillion sunflower, Medusahead, Miners lettuce, Mouseear chickweed, Multiflora wild roses, Musk thistle, Oxeye daisy, Palmer pigweed, Pennslyvania smartweed, Pepperweed, Perennial pepperweed, Plains corepsis, Plantain, Plumless thistle, Poison hemlock, Poorjoe, Prickly coontail, Prostate knotweed, Purple starthistle, Red Brome, Red fescu, Redroot pigweed, Redstream filaree, Reed Canarygrass, Ripgut fleabane, Rosering gaillardia, Rush, Rye, Salisify, Sandbur, Scotch thistle, Seashore saltgrass, Seaside arrowgrass, Seaside heliotrope, Sericea lespedeza, Shepards purse, Signalgrass, Silky crazyweed, Smallseed falseflax, Smooth pigweed, Snowberry, Snowberry western, Spreading orach, St. Johnswort, Sweet clover, Sweetclover, Tansy ragwort, Tansymustard, Teasel, Treacle mustard, Tumble mustard, Tumble pigweed, Western ragweed, Wheat, White snakeroot, Whitestream Filaree, Whitetop, Whitetop hairy, Wild barley, Wild Caraway, Wild carrot, Wild garlic, Wild lettuce, Wild mustard, Wild oat, Wood sorrel, Wooly cotton, Yankeweed, Yellow foxtail, Yellow nutsedge, and Yellow roacket
|Active Ingredient (s)||Sulfometuron Methyl- 56.25%, Metsulfuron Methyl 15.00%|
|For Use :||
|Yield||4 lb. container of SFM Extra can treat up to 48 acres of area depending on the application rate being used.|
MANDATORY SPRAY DRIFT REQUIREMENTS Aerial Applications:
Ground Boom Applications:
Boom-less Ground Applications: