Vexis Herbicide Granular
Starting at $25.97
Vexis Herbicide Granular
Vexis Herbicide Granular comes in an easy-to-use granular formulation that reduces drift or off-target application and may be applied to both dry and wet turf. For best results water in Vexis within 24 hours. After two weeks of application, targeted sedge is dead.
For control of sedges, apply Vexis herbicide in late spring and early summer before the plant matures and produces additional tubers. Repeat applications over multiple growing seasons may be required to achieve effective chemical control.
Active Ingredient-Pyrimisulfan 0.025%
Pyrimisulfan works as an ALS inhibitor in the sulfonanilide chemical class. It inhibits an enzyme in the biosynthesis of amino acids. Research shows that it may have activity against weeds that have developed resistance to other ALS-inhibiting heribices.
Vexis Herbicide Granular is safe on both cool and warm established season turfs, including bentgrass (mowed at 0.50") and improved varieties of St. Augustine including floratam and bitterblue. See label for the list of turfs.
Labeled for Use On
- Bentgrass (mowed over ½ inch)
- Bermudagrass (common and hybrid)
- Fine and tall fescues
- Kentucky bluegrass
- Perennial ryegrass
- St. Augustinegrass
- Others as listed
Packaging and Yield
- Apply 2 lb of product per 500 sq.ft. (174 lb of product per acre).
- 15 lb bag treats 3750 sq ft at the rate of 2 lb per 500 sq ft
- Retreatment after 30 days if needed. Don't apply more than a total of 8.26 Ib per 1000 sq.ft. per year (360 lb of product per acre per year).
When to Apply:
- Apply when weeds are actively growing. Retreatment may be necessary when weed pressures are high, when soil moisture is low, or when weeds are not actively growing.
- To avoid injury to improved varieties of St. Augustinegrass or Centipedegrass, apply when night-time temperatures are above 50°F for 7 consecutive nights.
- Wait to reseed or resod until after 21 days following application.
- Moisture on leaf surface is not required.
- Apply when weed leaves are wet or dry.
- Temperatures below 50°F will reduce weed control activity.
- For best results, water-in granules within 48 hours after treatment.
- For best results, postpone mowing until granules are watered-in.
- For best winter annual control (henbit, false dandelion, and chickweed) apply in early fall.
- Best Management Practice for Yellow Nutsedge
- Best Management Practice for False Green Kylinga
- Technical Data Sheet
- Product Information Sheet
- See label for the complete application instructions.
|Active Ingredient (s)||Pyrimisulfan - 0.025%|
|For Use :||Residential/domestic sites, Ornamental turf sites, Institutional sites, Non-cropland sites, Agricultural site, Established Cool-Season Turfgrass, Established Warm-Season Turfgrass.|
|Shipping Restrictions||CA, NY, PR|