Extinguish Plus Fire Ant Bait
Starting at $31.15
BUNDLE & SAVE 5%!
Extinguish Plus Fire Ant Bait
Extinguish Plus Fire Ant Bait extinguishes and annihilates fire ants. Extinguish Plus is very attractive to imported fire ants; they readily take this bait. This fire ant bait comes in the smaller sizes and in the larger economy size.
- Extinguish Plus 1.5 covers up to 1 acre
- Extinguish Plus 4.5 covers up to 3 acres
- Extinguish Plus 25 lbs treats up to 16.6 acres.
Extinguish Plus Fire Ant Bait kills fire ant colonies completely. It contains both an IGR and an insecticide (slow acting stomach poison) to both stop the reproduction of the ants and kill the current worker ants.
Why Extinguish Plus Fire Ant Bait ?
Extinguish Plus Fire Ant Bait is a distinct product containing a slow acting insecticide (hydramethylnon) and an Insect Growth Regulator (IGR-Methoprene). This double killing action provides complete control of the fire ant colony. The IGR prevents rebirth of a new generation in the colony, while the insecticide kills the foraging workers. Extinguish Plus Fire Ant Bait will start to kill ants after they feed on the bait. The colony will begin to decline in about a week, after the bait has been brought back to the mound. The mound is destroyed when the queen dies.
Extinguish Plus Fire Ant Bait Baiting Tips
- Since Extinguish is a slow acting bait, you may want to combine it with Surrender Fire Ant Killer as a mound treatment. The Surrender will kill the fire ants quickly, and the Extinguish will complete the job.
- Baiting in the spring or fall is best. However, you can bait whenever the ants are foraging. Fire ants like to search for food in the early mornings or late afternoons.
- Inspection is important when baiting for fire ants, look for activity. Placing some pet food or a potato chip around mound will indicate that they are actively foraging at that moment.
- When baiting, think in terms or "picnic weather." Soil temperature needs to be greater than 60° F. Sunny and dry weather is best. Do not place bait on moist ground.
- Apply when dry, and rain not expected for six hours.
- Click here for more information: Baiting Tips
Imported and native fire ants
|2 to 5 level tablespoons||Distribute bait uniformly around the mound. Do not disturb the mound. Do not apply more than 2 lb/acre. Do not contaminate kitchen utensils by use or storage.|
Imported & native fire ants
(3 oz/5,000 sq ft)
|Broadcast bait uniformly with ground (granular spreaders) or aerial equipment
Set the spreader at the lowest setting, treating the outer perimeter first. Then apply in a strip pattern within that area.
|1-2 lb /acre
(2-4 oz/5,000 sq ft)
|Broadcast bait uniformly with ground (granular spreaders) or aerial equipment|
|Packaging||1.5 lb or 4.5 lb or 25 lb bag|
|Target Pest||Extinguish Plus Fire Ant Bait controls imported and native fire ants and other ants, such as harvester ants, bigheaded ants, and Argentine ants|
|Active Ingredient (s)||Hydramethylnon 0.365%,Methoprene 0.25%|
|For Use :||
Residential and Commercial Property, Container, or Nursery Stock, SOD, Farms, Commercial Turf, Pasture and Rangeland.
Approved for indoor and outdoor use
Extinguish Plus is for use on lawns, landscaped areas, golf courses, and other non-cropland areas such as airports, roadsides, cemeteries, commercial grounds, parks, kennels, school grounds, picnic grounds, athletic fields, campgrounds, and other recreational areas, as well as on grounds surrounding poultry houses (excluding runs and ranges), or corrals and other animal holding areas.
Avoid direct exposure of animals to Extinguish Plus.
Do not graze or feed treated lawn or sod clippings to livestock.
|Yield||1 lb treats up to 2/3 acre , 4.5 lbs treats up to 3 acres, 25 lbs treats up to 16.6 acres|
|Mixture|Application||Broadcast or mound treatments|
Apply bait ONLY into crack and crevices. Apply 2 teaspoons - 1 tablespoon per crack, crevice or other in accessible areas where ants are entering the structure or where ants are nesting.
|Shipping Restrictions||AK, MI|