Monterey Dr. Iron
Starting at $29.95
Dr Iron's fertilizer corrects the iron deficiency that causes yellowing. It combines sulfur and iron in a granulated form in an environmentally friendly, non-staining fertilizer.
It can be used on turf for quick spring and winter green-up, shrubs, flowers, ground covers, vegetables, trees, and more. It can be used anywhere around the garden where plants are yellowing or pale because of iron deficiency. Dr. Iron is also an acidifier that helps lower the soil pH and can be used on soils with high pH.
- 22% Iron
- (3.5 lbs per 1000 sq ft depending on pkg size)
- Use on Lawns, Flowers, Trees & Shrubs, Vegetables, etc.
- Please refer to Monterey's Zone Mapand see which plants will thrive in certain zones.
Manufacturer: Monterey Lawn & Garden (Mfg. Number: LG 7115 and LG 7122)
Features and Benefits
- ORMI Listed
- CDFA Registered Organic Input Material
- Corrects Iron deficiency which causes the yellowing of lawns & plants
Lawns, Flowers, Vegetables, Ground Covers, Shrubs, etc.: Apply 3½ lbs. per 1000 sq. ft. Follow the application with a deep thorough watering to activate DR. IRON and move it into the soil profile.
- 4"-8" pots: Apply two teaspoons and water thoroughly
- 8-12" pots: Apply four teaspoons and water thoroughly
Trees & Shrubs:
- Apply 1/2 to 1 cup to the soil beneath the trees or shrubs and water thoroughly
- See label for complete application instructions
- Do not apply near water, storm drains, or drainage ditches. Do not apply if heavy rain is expected. Apply this product only to your lawn/garden, and sweep any product that lands in the driveway, sidewalk, or street back onto your lawn/garden.
|Packaging||7 lbs and 21 lbs|
|More PDF's||Monterey Zone Map|
|Active Ingredient (s)||Sulfur - 55.0% Iron - 22.0%|
|For Use :||
What is Dr. Iron? Monterrey's Dr. Iron combines iron and sulfur. Thousands of tiny metal oxide particles are produced with this mixture. These small granules shatter and disperse when it comes in contact with the soil. They are converted from the oxide form to the plant-available sulfate form.
What does Dr. Iron look like? It has a dull metallic black color. It is a homogenous granular material.
Will Dr. Iron stain concrete sidewalks, driveways, patios, etc.? No, because Dr. Iron only stains the soil moisture. It converts to a sulfate form after contact with the soil and will not stain concrete.
What about heavy metals (other than iron) in Dr. Iron? Monterrey's Dr. Iron has produced an environmentally sound garden fertilizer.
What is the analysis of Dr. Iron? Dr. Iron is 22% iron and 55% sulfur, so it takes less product to provide these nutrients to your plants.
Where do I use Dr. Iron?
Does Dr. Iron help in high-pH soils? Yes. Dr. Iron will lower the soil pH since it is an acidifier. This ability is instrumental in Western U.S. soils with high pH.