Monterey Nematode Control
We have some good reviews on this product, so give it a go if you have a nematode problem. Controls parasitic plant nematodes in the home, gardens, and lawns. Perfect for use on lawns, ornamentals, fruit and nut trees, and listed vegetable crops.
Monterey Nematode Control-OMRI Listed-Nematicide
Monterey's Nematode Control with Quillaja Saponaria is a 100% bio-pesticide that controls plant parasitic nematodes in residential lawns and gardens. It may be applied on fruit and nut trees, vegetables, berries, citrus, grapes and ornamentals.
Plant parasitic nematodes are worm-like, microscopic creatures. They infest plant roots. Typical plant parasitic nematodes are root-knot nematodes. These nematodes thrive in hot climates with short winters. Other common plant parasitic nematodes are dagger nematodes, lesion nematodes, and cyst nematodes. Evidence of plant parasitic nematodes causing disease may be found in growth reduction, root impairment, mineral-deficiency symptoms, increased wilting, decreased winter-hardiness and perennials with die-back.
- Monterey's Nematode Control provides excellent control of Dagger, Root-Knot, Rig, Root Lesion, Spiral Sheath, and Anguina pacifica nematodes.
- Sales Brochure
- OMRI Certification
Packaging: 1 qt (Covers up to 4,000 sq ft)
How Does Quillaja saponaria Work?
The saporins in Monterey Nematode Control come from the Quillaja saponaria tree which is native to Chile. Quillaja saponaria is also called soapbark, in fact it may be ground down to a powder and used as a soap since if makes a lather. This saponaria in the soil causes digestive problems leading to a cellular breakdown in the plant parasitic nematodes. It functions as a repellent and a deterrent against these nematodes.
How to Use Monterey Nematode Control
- Irrigate area before application and lightly after application (do not overly irrigate after application)
- If heavy rainfall occurs, wait for 24 hours (it may push this product out of the root zone) .
- Trees and Shrubs: Apply to a t least 1/2 the area of the drip line or the entire area of the canopy under the tree.
- Crops and Ornmentals: Mix 8 oz in 6 gallons of water per 1,000 square feet ( 1.33 oz + 1 gallon of water per 166 square feet) for listed crops and ornmentals. Apply with a broadcast or band type of sprayer.
- Best results: Spray every spring every 7-14 days, up to 10 weeks. Follow up with as single application in the fall after harvest.
- Lawns: Mix 9 oz in 3-7 gallons of water per 1,000 square feet, spray using a pressure sprayer.
- Repeat in 5-10 days to break the life cycle of the nematode (repeat 2-4 times in 60 days)
- Do not water for 12 hours afterwards
- Do not use with beneficial nematodes.
|Active Ingredient (s)||Saponins of Quillaja saponaria. . .8.60%|
|For Use :||
|Shipping Restrictions||AK, CO, DC, DE, ID, IL, IN, KS, MA, ME, MI, MN, MT, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NV, OH, OK, PA, RI, SD, UT, VT, WV, WY|