Trimec Southern Herbicide
Starting at $44.45
Pro Tips & Quick Tricks
This Trimec formula contains slightly less 2,4-D compared to other formulations. This minimizes the risk to sensitive southern grasses like centipede and St. Augustine.
Trimec Southern Broadleaf Herbicide For Sensitive Southern Grasses
Trimec Southern combines three active ingredients, MCPP, 2,4-D and Dicamba for an effective broadleaf herbicide for southern grasses. The formulation in Trimec Southern minimizes the risk associated with southern turfgrass. It controls over 90 different broadleaf weeds, including clover, dandelion, and spurge. It is exceptional on clover and chickweed.
- Formulated specifically for sensitive warm-season turfgrasses
- Effective broad-spectrum broadleaf weed control
- Economical formulation for clover, chickweed, and other broadleaf weeds
- Rainfast-24 hours
- Reseed in 3-4 weeks
- Sales Sheet
Mixture Rates of Trimec Southern
- Most warm-season turfgrass: 0.37 oz to 0.55 fl oz per 1,000 sq/ feet.
- St. Augustine, Centipede and Seashore Paspalum Grasses: Use 1-1.5 pints of Trimec Southern per acre or 0.37-0.55 oz per 1,000 square feet. Do not spray when temperatures are below 50°F or above 90°F or during the transition period between dormancy and active growth in the spring (spring green-up).
- These warm season grasses are sensitive to 2,4-D, so stick to the recommended label rates.
- Do not spray Trimec Southern at all on "Floratam" St. Augustine.
- Most cool-season turfgrass: 0.75 oz to 1.1 fl oz/1,000 sq feet
- Bermuda and Bentgrass: 0.75 oz per 1,000 square feet or 2 pts per acre. Do not exceed recommended rate. These cool season grasses are moderately sensitive to 2,4-D.
- Bluegrass, Fescue, Zoysiagrass: Use 0.75-1.1 oz per 1,000 or 2-3 pints per acre. Do not exceed label rate even though these grasses are tolerant of 2,4-D..
|More PDF's||Sales Sheet|
|Active Ingredient (s)||MCPP - Dimethylamine salt of propionic acid - 17.37%
Dimethylamine salt of 2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetic acid - 18.74%
Dimethylamine salt of dicamba (3,6-dichloro-o-anisic acid) - 3.85%
|For Use :||
May Be Used On:
|Mixture|Application||See detail tab|
|Shipping Restrictions||(QT:) AK, CA, CO, CT, DC, ID, IL, IN, ME, MI, MN, NY, ND, NE, NH, RI, SD, VT, WI, WV, WY (GAL & 2.5 GAL.) AK, CA, CO, CT, DC, ID, IL, IN, LA, ME, MI, MN, NY, ND, NE, NH, RI, SD, TX, VT, WI, WV, WY,LA,UT|
Precautions and Restrictions