Sweeney's Mole and Gopher Repellent
Sweeney's Mole and Gopher Bait dual action repels both scent and taste. This repellent/bait is a natural, poison-free and biodegradable product repels moles, voles, gophers and armadillos.
Sweeney's Mole and Gopher Repellent- S7001-1
Sweeney's Mole and Gopher Bait dual action repels both scent and taste. This repellent/bait is a natural, poison-free and biodegradable product repels moles, voles, gophers and armadillos. Sweeney's Mole and Gopher Repellent is made of castor oil that absorbs into the ground easily, reaching their tunnels quickly.
Sweeney's Mole and Gopher Repellent is made with castor oil pellets. They are easily absorbed into the ground, reaching the tunneled areas. Activate the pelleted granules with water after applying the pellets. The burrowing animals find the smell and taste unpleasant as it penetrates the tunnels. They leave the tunnels for a more favorable location.
- Effectively repels moles, gophers, voles, armadillos and other burrowing animals with tunnel-penetrating formula.
- Mole and gopher repellent packaged in 4-pound shaker bag
- Makes ground taste and smell unpleasant, repelling pests
- Dual Action repels by scent and taste
- Tunnel Penetrating Formula
- 4 lb bag covers up to 2,000 square feet
- Resealable bag allows for easy storage when not in use
- Safe for use around children and pets when used as directed
How to apply:
Before applying the castor oil granules in your yard, locate the active mole areas to determine which way to move moles out of your yard. Do not apply all at once; a single application only will cause the pests to to tunnel in any direction to escape. Apply the granules in stages as outlined below.
- Day 1: Spread the granules over the first area and water-in with a sprinkler for approximately 20 minutes. Watering allows the concentrated granules to penetrate deeply into the lawn.
- Day 2: Spread the granules over the second area; water-in the same area as Day 1, plus the second area to get the mole moving. Each day's watering allows granules to penetrate more deeply.
- Day 3: Spread granules over the third area. Water-in the same area as days 1 and 2, plus the third area to keep the mole moving.
- Day 4: Spread the granules over the fourth area. Water-in the same area as Days 1, 2, and 3, plus the fourth area to move the mole out of your yard!
Moles are small and colors range from gray to bluish-black fur. Moles cause damage by their burrowing action in the soil, 3-12 inches deep in general. Deep tunnels may go deeper.They can build huge underground tunnels in search of insects and worms. These tunnels also serve for their living and nesting areas. They can cause extreme damage until mole control is reached or the lawn surface freezes in the winter. They do not hibernate. They mate late winter or early spring, with a gestation period of six weeks. For more information, go to Moles.
Gophers not only damage lawns, but can destroy sprinkler systems, irrigation pipes and underground cables. Gophers are most active in the spring and fall; damage is most severe at that time. The size of pocket gophers are from 5-14 inches long, with pouches outside of their mouths. These pouches are used for carrying food. Gophers live underground in a burrow system; they are very adaptable and live year round. For more information on gophers, go to Gophers.
|Target Pest||armadillos, moles, gophers, voles, armadillos and other burrowing animals|
|Active Ingredient (s)||Castor Oil and Fuller's Earth|
|For Use :||Outside|
|Yield||4,000 square feet|
|Shipping Restrictions||ME, MT, NM, PR|