Starting at $21.15
Weed Whacker Concentrate
Weed Whacker combines three active ingredients to kill 140+ weed types. This post-emergent selective broad-leaf herbicide may be applied to both cool and warm season turf grasses against such weeds like dandelions, spurge, oxalis, plantain, ragweed, and others.
When To Apply Weed Whacker
It is best to apply weed whacker when the weeds are actively growing and young, but may be used all year long. The directions restrict usage to two times a year in the same area. Wait 3-4 weeks after using Weed Whacker before overseeding.
Do not around and in dichondra. Don't use Weed Whacker around desirable vegetation and avoid drift from winds. Do not use on newly seeded turf; however, you can use it after the third mowing. If temperatures exceed 90°F., do not apply.
Before applying this three-way herbicide, water lawn thoroughly. Wait for 48 hours after application to water.
- Cool Season Grasses (Such as Fescue, Rye, and Bluegrass)
- Use 8-13 oz in 6 gallons of water to cover 2,500 sq. Ft of lawn area to kill such weeds as wild onion, dandelion, pennywort, and similar weeds. If you have a smaller area, use three tsp in 2 qt of water applied to 100 sq ft.
- For hard to control weeds like Dock, Thistle, Ragweed, and Bindweed, use eight oz in 6 gallons of water (or 3 tsp in 2 qt of water), and apply directly to plants, wetting them thoroughly.
- For Poison ivy, and Poison oak, use 2 oz in 1 qt of water and drench these plants when they have full leaves. Repeat in 4 weeks if needed. These weeds may require a fall application.
- Warm Season Grasses On st. Augustine, Bahia, common Bermuda, Centipede, Zoysia, and Bent:
- Use a one-half rate which is 4 to 6-1/2 oz in 6 gal of water to treat 2500 sq ft (3 tsp in 4 qt of water applied to 200 sq ft). Make two applications 30 days apart.
- Do not spray grasses if stressed from heat, drought, etc. Slight turf-yellowing may occur, but should disappear after about 1 week.
- Note: If you have hybrid bermudagrass, contact your local extension service, since some hybrids are sensitive to the active ingredients in Weed Whacker
- For Spot Treatment
- Put three tsp of Weed Whacker into an empty quart container with trigger sprayer, then add 30 fluid ounces of tap water.
- Trigger Sprayer-Adjust spray nozzle to give coarse spray. Aim at center of weed and spray to wet. One application should be sufficient. Effects begin to show after a few days, and weeds gradually die. A repeat application may be required in 4 weeks for hard-to-control weeds.
|Active Ingredient (s)||2,4-Dichlorophenoxyacetic Acid - 4.55% MCPP-P Dimethylamine Salt - 2.30% Dimethylamine Salt of (+)-R-2-(2,4-Dichlorophenoxy) propionic Acid - 2.26%|
|For Use :||
|Shipping Restrictions||No more than twice a year in the same location|