Quali-Pro Expel Turf Herbicide
Starting at $119.99
Expel Turf Herbicide
Expel Turf Herbicide with 39.6% Sulfentrazone is a post-emergent herbicide. It controls those tough weeds such as yellow nutsedge, purple nutsedge, and green kyllinga in as little as 1 to 2 days. It controls tough broadleaf and grassy weeds such as black medic, pigweed, spurge, barnyard grass, crabgrass, foxtail, goosegrass, chickweed, groundsel, carpetweed, clover, dandelion, dollarweed, ground ivy, henbit, and plantain
Expel Turf Herbicide is a flowable herbicide that provides visible results in 24-48 hours. For best control of broadleaf weeds, apply Expel Turf Herbicide just after weed emergence when the weeds are actively growing and are small.
Features and Benefits
- Visible results in 1-2 days
- Expel attacks sedge from below and above the surface.
- Controls over 50 weeds and grasses
How Expel Works
Expel blocks the production of chlorophyll and causes rapid membrane breakdown and leaf browning. The roots and leaves absorb it.
Tolerant Turf Grasses
- Cool Season Grasses: Apply EXPEL at 4 to 8 fl oz (0.125-0.25 lb a.i.) per acre (unless noted) to: Bentgrass, creeping* Fescue Fine** (Festuca rubra) Fescue, Tall** (Festuca arundinacea) Ryegrass, Perennial (Lolium perenne) Bluegrass Kentucky (Poa pratensis) Bluegrass, Rough*** (Poa trivialis) *Apply a maximum of 4 fl oz EXPEL to creeping bentgrass ** Application of Expel to certain varieties of Chewings fine fescue or tall fescue may have an undesirable plant response.
- Warm Season Grasses: Apply EXPEL at 8 to 12 fl oz (0.25-0.375 lb a.i.) per acre to: Bahiagrass*** (Paspalum notatum), Buffalograss (Buchloe dactyloides), Carpetgrass (Axonopus affinis), Centipedegrass (Eremochioa ophuidides), Kikuyugrass (Pennisetum clandestinum), Seashore Paspalum (Paspalum vaginatum), Zoysiagrass*** (Zoysia japonica), Bermudagrass (Cynadon dactylon), Bermudagrass Hybrids (Cyn bluegrass), St. Augustinegrass*** (Stenotaphrum secundatum)
*** St. Augustine grass and some varieties rough bluegrass, bahiagrass, zoysiagrass, or turfgrass that is stress-weakened can have temporary leaf surface discoloration(removed upon mowing) upon application of EXPEL.
Disease, chemicals, cultural and cultivation practices, mechanical exposure, the weather may result in stress weakened turf. Not all varieties or cultivars have been tested with EXPEL. Consult with university or weed management specialists to use EXPEL with specific local varieties or cultivars of turfgrass. Before treatment on new turfgrass varieties, test response to EXPEL by applying to a small area of turfgrass.
In 12 months, do not apply more than 12 fl oz per acre. This period begins at the point of the first application
Symptoms and Mode of Action
Sulfentrazone causes the weeds to turn necrotic and die after being absorbed by the roots and shoots of treated weeds. Sulfentrazone is an inhibitor that effects the plant tissues and cellular membranes.
|More PDF's||Sales Sheet|
|Active Ingredient (s)||Sulfentrazone 39.6 % , compare to Dismiss|
|For Use :||
Commercial and Residential Cool & Warm-Season Grass, Athletic