Starting at $104.95
BUNDLE & SAVE 5%!
Contrac Blox has been the most consistent rodent bait over the years. Rodents love it, but dogs love it too, so make sure to use a tamper-resistant bait station. If you need recommendations on bait stations, look at the choices below or call us. You can also get Contrac with Lumitrack. Lumitrack, used with a black light, reveals rodents droppings when searching in the dark. All of the bait we sell is fresh. Rodents love fresh bait.
California has placed Contrac Blox in a restricted use category. We can not ship Contrac to California without a pest control license. If you are a pest control operator or a certified applicator in California, please call us with your license number. Other single feed baits (non anticoagulants), such as Top Gun, Fastrac, and Terad3, are available in all states.
Other choices for less expensive but effective baits are considered multiple feed baits. Flatline, Ditrac, and JT Eaton baits are great choices, and you can buy that in 4lb sizes.
Contrac Blox - High Bait Acceptance With Rodent Control
Contrac Blox with bromadiolone has one of the highest bait acceptance of all our professional rodent baits. Bromadiolone is a single feed bait, that causes death after one feeding.Contrac Blox is the most palatable bait block on the market providing high bait acceptance. Contrac Blox is made from a blend of food-grade ingredients with a paraffin coating. This process results in an all-weather bait that is highly palatable.
It works in both dry and wet conditions. As one of the top products used by professionals, it has unsurpassed in rodent acceptance and control. Contrac Blox is popular as both a clean-out and maintenance rodent bait, working even against warfarin-resistant Norway rats.
Extrusion Process & Bait Shyness
Manufactured with Bell's extrusion process, Contrac Blox has multiple edges that appeal to a rodent's desire to gnaw. Rodents can consume a lethal dose in just one feeding. Bait shyness is not a problem with Contrac Rodenticide because mortality occurs a few days after bait is consumed.
Contrac Blox Features
- Available in 4 X 4 lbs and 18 lb pails
- Enough bait blox to kill hundreds of rats and mice
- Each block has a hole in it to anchor into a bait station
- Kills rats and mice in a single feeding
- Contrac is also less toxic to non-target animals, in both primary and secondary poisoning situations, than other single-feeding anticoagulants. The antidote, Vitamin K1, is readily available and there is a time factor for treatment.
- Tamper-Proof Bait Stations are recommended to protect the bait from non-target animals such as dogs and cats.
- May be used inside or outside, within 100 feet of man-made structures.
- Contrac Bloxes are 1 ounce blocks with a center hole. Contrac Blox is colored blue for easy recognition as a non food item.
- Contrac Blox 18 lbs yields about 288 x 1 oz blocks
- EPA passed new rodenticide regulations in June 2011. Contrac Blox can only be sold in 16 lbs or more.
- As an alternate choice, Fastrac Blox and Terad3 Blox are not effected by the new regulations and can be purchased in 4 lb containers.
|Packaging||4 x 4 lb, 18 lb, 16-1 lb bags, Contrac 18 lbs and Ambush Bait Station Kit|
|Product Label||Label-18 lb
Label with Lumitrack
|More PDF's||Contrac Blox Label 4 x 4 lbs|
Rodents Mice and Rats
|Active Ingredient (s)||Bromadiolone .005%|
|For Use :||
Inside or Outside
Rats: Place 3 to 16 Contrac Blox (usually at spaces of 15 to 30 feet) per placement. Continue to supply fresh bait for at least 10 days or until rat activity ceases.
Mice: Place 1 block per placement. Space placements at 8- to 12- foot intervals. Two Contrac Blox may be needed at points of very high mouse activity. Maintain an uninterrupted supply of fresh bait for at least 15 days or until signs of mouse activity cease.
Rats and Mice: Replace spoiled or contaminated bait immediately. Dispose of leftover bait and dead animals properly. In order to use rodent bait most efficiently, eliminate sources of water, food, and harborage areas where possible. Repeat treatment if there is a rodent reinfestation. Use permanent rodent bait stations, supplied with Contrac Blox when there is a continuous source of infestation.
Contrac Blox can only be used to control rat and mouse infestations within and within 100 feet of man-made structures. Fence and perimeter baiting, beyond 100 feet from a structure as defined above, is prohibited. This product must not be applied directly to food or feed crops. Burrow baiting with Contrac All-Weather Blox is prohibited.
|Yield||16 lbs yields about 256 x 1 ounce blocks; 18 lbs yields about 288 x 1 oz blocks|
|Mixture|Application||Place bait where there is rodent activity. For safer use, use Tamper-Resistant Bait Stations|
|Retreatment||Maintain an uninterrupted supply of fresh bait for at least 15 days or until signs of rodent activity cease. If reinfestation does occur, repeat treatment.|