Recommended Treatment For Fire Ants
The “Texas Two-Step” method of Fire Ant control, developed by Texas A&M University has been nothing short of remarkable. The method is simple
- Step 1: Broadcast a fire ant bait in the spring and again in the fall.
- Step 2: In 7 to 10 days, treat any surviving or new mounds with direct contact dust.
That's it! But don't let the fact that it is simple to fool you. It is an extremely effective fire ant treatment used by farms, government agencies, and homeowners.
Our: Texas 2 Step Fire Ant Kit contains Extinguish Plus Fire Ant Bait for long-term control and Acephate Pro 75 SP for a quick kill.
Fire Ant Baiting Tips
- Apply baits when rain or dew is not expected for at least five hours. Once the bait becomes soggy, it is not as attractive to the ants.
- Avoid disturbing or “stirring up” the ants right before applying either product.
- Extinguish Plus Fire Ant Bait
Starting at $31.15
- Doxem Plus Fire Ant Bait
Starting at $79.95
- Advion Fire Ant Bait
Starting at $53.50
- Sumari Insecticide
Starting at $179.95
- Wisdom EZ Lawn Granular InsecticideSpecial Price $44.99 Regular Price $49.50