Prodiamine 65 WDG
***Our goal is to always provide the best pricing but with the dramatic increase in the active ingredient Prodiamine, we have been forced to dramatically raise the price of all products with that active ingredient. We recommend Agrisel's Pendi Hydrocap as a great alternative at a much better price!
Prodiamine 65 WDG is a pre-emergent. As crabgrass and noxious weed killer, apply Prodiamine 65 WDG before crabgrass emerges. If you wait until after crabgrass emerges, it is too late because these weeds will drop seed pods that will lay dormant for the following year. Refer to the germination chart.
Also, if Pao annua (a grassy weed) is an issue in the winter, you will receive outstanding results if you tank mix it with Negate 37 WG. Use Negate on warm-season grass turf only.
Prodiamine 65 WDG
Prodiamine 65 WDG is a wettable dispersible granule ( WDG ). As a pre-emergent herbicide, the versatility of Prodiamine 65 WDG allows applications both in spring and fall seasons for year long control .This Quali-Pro herbicide is particularly effective against many of the hard-to-kill grassy weeds such as crabgrass and annual bluegrass.
If Pao annua (a grassy weed) is an issue in the winter, you will receive outstanding results if you tank mix it with Negate 37 WG. Negate is labeled for warm-season grasses only.
- Optional Ad On at reduced price: Negate 37 WG-1.5 oz. Use Negate as a powerful post-emergent control of grassy and tough broad leaf control in warm-season turfgrass such as Bermudagrass and Zoysiagrass. Do not use on cool-season turfgrass.
Prodiamine 65 WDG - Features
- Effectively controls crabgrass and 31 other problem weeds including Henbit, Knotweed, Chickweed, Spurge, Annual bluegrass (Pao annua) Foxtail, Goosegrass and more.
- Safe to be used on St. Augustine, Bermudagrass, Fescue and other common turf grasses (see label for the complete list)
- May be tank mixed with fertilizers and iron solutions.
- Low solubility and volatility-stays in the weed germination zone.
- Active ingredient rate as low as 1/4 the rate of other pre-emergent herbicides
- Sold in a 5 lb. container.
Germination Chart for Crabgrass
Promdiamine 65 WDG should be activated by at least 1/2 inch of water or rainfall before weed seeds germinate and within 2 weeks of application. The map below shows approximate crabgrass seed germination dates.
*Drift Control : Care should be exercised not to over spray or apply the herbicide to adjacent non-target areas. Drift control is achieved by following label and sprayer instructions. Using a Alligare Super Marking Dye will help determine where you have sprayed.
|Product Label||Prodiamine 65 WDG- Label|
|SDS||Prodiamine 65 WDG - MSDS|
Prodiamine 65 WDG controls Bluegrass (annual), Barnyardgrass, Chickweed (common), Carpetweed-04, Crabgrass (large and smooth), Chickweed (mousear),Cup grass (woolly), rowfootgrass, Henbit, Goosegrass, Foxtails (annual), Johnsongrass (seedling), Itchgrass, Knotweed, Junglerice, Lambsquarters (common), Lovegrass, Panicum (browntop, fall and Texas), Kochia, Purslane (common), Pigweed, Pusley (Florida), Shepherdspurse, Rescuegrass, Speedwell (Persian), Signalgrass Broadleaf, Sprangletop, Witchgrass, Spurge (prostate), Woodsorrel (yellow, from seed).
|Active Ingredient (s)||prodiamine 65.0%|
|For Use :||
Prodiamine 65 WDG is used for pre-emergent control of broadleaf weed and turf grasses (excluding golf course putting greens), container ornamentals, lawns, and sod nurseries, established perennials, landscape ornamentals, and wildflower plantings, and Christmas tree farms.
|Yield||4 acres for crabgrass control|
For Turfgrass :
Use 1 to 2.25 tablespoons per 1000 square feet.
|Retreatment||3 to 8 months depending on application rates.|
|Shipping Restrictions||AK, CT, NY|
• DO NOT graze or feed livestock forage cut from areas treated with PRODIAMINE 65 WDG.
• DO NOT apply PRODIAMINE 65 WDG to plants that will be consumed for food use.
• Follow all applicable directions, restrictions, and precautions on the labels of EPAregistered tank mix partners
• DO NOT blend PRODIAMINE 65 WDG onto dry fertilizer or any other granular material.
• Chemigation Statement: DO NOT apply this product through any type of irrigation system unless instructed otherwise in this label.
• DO NOT apply aerially.
• DO NOT apply to golf course putting greens.