How to Get Rid of Goosegrass
- summer annual weed
- wagon wheel-like appearance
- opens parallel to the ground
- white-ish in the center
- smooth and flattened sheaths
- grows well in compact soil and also areas with a lot of traffic and use (athletic fields)
- seed head has 2-6 spikes coming from the stem head
- Like many grassy weeds, goosegrass can be very difficult to control as there is a limited selection of herbicides that are effective.
- Make sure to identify which type of grass you have to ensure that the herbicide is safe for it. Go to our filter options to choose which grass you have.
- Multiple applications are necessary with this stubborn weed.
- Recommended Products: Revolver, Specticle Flo, and Grass Getter
- Spot treating with non-selective herbicides is very effective and cost-efficient if your goosegrass problem is not very widespread.
- A variety of different herbicides can be used and to get the best results
- Multiple applications are necessary
- Use a fine stream or low-pressure fan spray to avoid contact with other vegetation.
- Apply when there is a low chance of rain to avoid runoff of chemical to other vegetation.
- Recommended Products: Gly Pho-Sel Pro Dry 75 SG, Roundup Quikpro, Eraser Max
- Pre-emergent herbicide application is the most effective method.
- Apply in spring when the soil temperature reaches 50-60 degrees
- Recommended Products: Surflan Pro, Dithiopyr 40 WSB, Prodiame 65 WDG
Items 1-15 of 24
- Prime Source Meso 4SC Select
Starting at $56.65
- Grass Getter Herbicide
Starting at $33.95
- Segment II Herbicide$899.50
- Revolver Herbicide
Starting at $338.50
- Specticle FLO$399.50
- Dismiss Herbicide
Starting at $94.20
- Gly-Pho-Sel Pro Dry 75 SG
Starting at $27.98
- Grass Getter Twin Pack
Starting at $46.50
- Eraser Max Herbicide
Starting at $42.50
- Tribute Total Herbicide$485.50
- SureGuard Herbicide
Starting at $740.50
- Agrisel Gly Pho-Sel Pro 41% (Glyphosate Herbicide)
Starting at $32.50